Monday, February 25, 2013

A Little Bit Of Lately

~Monday!  And I get to stay home.  Allllll day.  LOVE being home on Mondays.  I love being home most any time.  But it seems like when it's Monday then it sets a good tone for the week when I'm home.  Plus it's raining.  Like gusher rain.  So who wants to get out anyway?

~Except tonight when I have to get out to go to bee keeping class.  Which I AM looking forward to.  Just wish it wasn't Monday. 

~And guess what!?  The chicken coop is finished!  If it wasn't pouring down rain I'd go take some pictures of it and show ya.  It's different from any chicken coop we've seen...which makes us wonder if it'll work.  
I'm thinking we're putting more thought into it than the chickens will.  Meg is already making plans to beautify the thing for us.

~This morning Carmel had a vet appt to get fixed.  The big question remains if Carmel is a boy or girl.  NO we CAN'T tell!!  But the clinic was fine to take her/him and decide for themselves.  Problem is, now that it's Monday she is nowhere to be found.  Again.  

~ Last week we had several snow days.  Super fun!  And lots of Daddy time at home. 

Mally loves her new purple snow gloves. 
Buzzy fighting over a snowball.  

~ The week before we had what seemed like endless puke going on.  On Sunday we had 3 kids puking at once.  We had no juice and no Sprite and no anything else except water.  And Honey had already left with the older kids to church before everybody started puking.  Sooo we were stuck home with water.  But it was ok b/c they got new cups for Valentines Day and still loved drinking from them so pushing liquids wasn't a big deal.  

It's so interesting to watch my kids' different personalities come out when they are sick.  Some kids completely shut down, sleep for 2 days, and we don't see them again until they are better.  Some kids are clingy whiners, some are more cheerful than usual, some are sure they are fixing to die.  

~Wanna see my latest re-org project?

See this mess?  It was my scrapbook stuff piled up on the shelf in my closet.  Pitiful huh?  And even though I hated it, I couldn't come up with a way to organize it in a way I liked except straightening up what was already going on.  

But then I remembered THIS.  A dresser I was barely using.  And a cute helper that was more than ready to help pull out scrapbook stuff.  



So that dresser was just holding random pieces of clothes that I hardly wear so I moved all my clothes to this built in dresser in my closet.  


And used all the other drawers for my scrapbook stuff.  


Now my clothes are in one place, the scrapbook stuff is organized, and the momma is happy happy happy. 


1 comment:

Wendy said...

Hello, my friend!

Love the newsy update, pics, and especially your scrapbooking organization! That will be so fun to have it handy like that. Can I come over and scrapbook with you??

Oh, and by the way, love your new blog update! So cheerful and cute.

Blessings!