Friday, August 17, 2012

Other Big News!

Our building plans were looking grim.  Turns out even a super simple build (like metal building, formica, and unfinished floors) was way out of our price range.   Who would've guessed?

But you know we do have bigger things going on with a wedding and all so I figured we'd just hang tight for awhile and figure it out later.

Honey found a house just a few miles from his parents on 2 acres.  It was big enough.  Priced right.  But didn't look too impressive in pix.  And we've done this enough to know that it always looks better in the pix than in person.  We decided to get a showing anyway.

And WOW!  It was way better than the pix!  I didn't think it was the right house when we drove up.  Super clean, pretty, great area, perfect garden.  Wonderfully unexpected.

We took all the parents the next night.  They liked it too.
We decided what we could afford and made the offer.

But the seller didn't like it.  I don't blame him.  So he came back with a verbal understanding that he didn't want to play the back and forth game and told us his bottom dollar.

Still more than we could do.  So we said No Thank You and told the realtor what we were willing to spend but we didn't want to disrespect his wishes by making a counter offer.

Back to square one.  And Honey had another house in mind that I didn't like at all.  But he kept asking so I figured I'd go look next week.

Then later that night our realtor called to say that she couldn't believe it but the seller will take our price!   Really?  Plus a $500 repair limit and a home warranty.  He will leave the bar stools we liked but not his brand new fridge (understandable).  AND they will even push back closing until October 19th so we didn't have to move in the middle of our wedding.

Wow.

This pretty and spacious house saves us $17/sf which saves us almost $50k over building!  Sweet!
Not to mention the huge stress of building and picking colors and waiting and worrying about going over budget.

Happy Day!

Want a peek?
This is one living room.  There's a fireplace on the left.  I think it'll turn out to be our music room. The dining room is beyond that with double doors that lead to the back yard.  


Kitchen and breakfast area.  Across from that table is a small bar.  Mostly tile floors throughout with carpet in some bedrooms. 


Living room number 2 which will be the real living room.  


Love this covered patio!  Huge and smooth for skating.  


Some of the back yard.  It's on 2.11 acres. 

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Wow, praise the Lord! Sounds and looks wonderful. I'm actually glad it's move-in ready and a simpler solution for y'all. Wow, what a fall! :-)

Anonymous said...

yea!!! for you.