When the apostles returned, they reported to Jesus what they had done. Then he took them with him and they withdrew by themselves to a town called Bethsaida, but the crowds learned about it and followed him. He welcomed them and spoke to them about the kingdom of God, and healed those who needed healing. Luke 9:10-11
The disciples had just gotten home from a mission trip and Jesus wanted to have some alone time with them. But the crowds found him out and followed.
Now all you mommas of little bitties does this remind you of anything? Like...
~when you want to have an adult conversation with your husband?
~eat dinner before the nursing baby wakes up?
~make just one bathroom trip all by yourself?
And just when you think you've slipped away unnoticed you turn around and find that your little crowd has you figured out.
My usual reaction would be that of a deflated balloon or the classic wet noodle but look at how Jesus reacts....!
"He welcomed them and spoke to them about the kingdom of God, and healed those who needed healing." Luke 9:11
Wha?? No lecture about going about your own business and I'll catch up with you later. Nope. Jesus was always available.
I love the verbs here. He...welcomed, spoke, and healed.
So perfect our Savior is. As Christians our goal is to become more Christ like, and this little passage gives us some good insight into Jesus' loving nature. In the midst of interruption it is time to be welcoming, speak graciously, and meet the need.
I want to remember this next time my blender draws a crowd when I thought I was making a secret chocolate smoothie.
1 comment:
Mmm much needed reminder.
Post a Comment