LOVE back to school shopping.
LOVE the big party we have at home. Lane and I did all the shopping and it was all a surprise.
Does it look like a mess? That's because it is. The blue plastic table cloth has been our make shift table in this house. After breakfast I sent everyone to their room while I set it all out at their spots. Then I rang the bell and they all ran out like it was Christmas to see what new stuff they got.
Only while I was setting it all out the electricity went out. Not sure why this happens so much over here.
So I had to take pix in the dark.
A sample of the goodies. This is Nate's, my 3rd grader. Everyone is color coded and his color is green.
He didn't need many school books or even supplies so when that happens I just buy them some fun stuff.
Most of my kids got extra art supplies. Sometimes I throw in socks and underwear. Believe it or not, they even love those.
Lane didn't get to do all the shopping like she thought. She was surprised too! And so was Meg.
By this point, the house was getting hot. I think. Or maybe it was my imagination b/c I knew the power was out. In any case, the water thing didn't work on the fridge so we had to leave lest we die of heat exhaustion and dehydration.
Thankful for our libraries! We packed up all the new stuff and finished getting dressed in the dark.
At the library they gave us the big conference room. Sweet! Just look at this space People...and the lights! Thinking we need to do this more often.....
First assignment (and only assignment of the day) was working on these neat posters from the summer reading program. I've been saving them for this day. It's cute and decorated and has lots of fill-in questions like "If I could go anywhere, I'd go..."
"If I had a million dollars I'd spend it on..."
I thought these would be cute to keep and look back on later.
Happy New School Year to my favorite students! I am blessed and thankful to get to be your teacher again.
1 comment:
Smiles.
Post a Comment