Friday, August 17, 2012

Kitchen Plan For The Week

I'm determined to pull myself out of the kitchen rut.  And not that I have anything mouth watering on the menu but it feels good to just have it done.  Why do I hate this menuing job all of a sudden?  

Lunches....

beef stew (remember that meat I bought from the salesman?)
salad bar
tuna sandwiches and carrot sticks
turkey sandwiches and cole slaw
baked potatoes w/ sauted veggies
nachos 

Snacks....

popcorn
carrot zucchini bars
pumpkin chia cookies
flourless peanut butter cookies
granola bars

Dinners....

tacos
bean burgers and oven fries
youth dinner Wednesday
breakfast burritos
cheesy chicken noodle skillet
pizza
snacky dinner for Sunday 

Here's something I made last week that everyone loves.  I wanted to post this for my friend Gaylene who hates flipping pancakes as much as I do.  It's basically pancakes and sausage all in a muffin.  Sooo much easier for big families. 

Pancake Sausage Muffins 

Turkey Sausage (I promise this is better than the real stuff!) 

1 lb turkey sausage
1 small onion finely chopped
1/4 tsp each: cumin, marjoram, pepper, nutmeg, oregano, cayenne pepper, ginger
1/2 tsp each: basil, thyme, sage
2 tsp salt
2 T bread crumbs
1 egg

I know it's a lot of spices to get out, but since you're in the spice cabinet anyway it really doesn't take that long.  And I promise it's worth it!!  Just mix it all together and brown in a skillet breaking it up with your spatula 

Oatmeal Pancakes

4 C each flour and oats
2 T baking powder
2 tsp each: baking soda and salt

Mix all together and make a well in the middle to add wet ingredients

6 1/2 C milk (you can use water and powdered milk or whatever kind of milk you drink)
1 C oil
4 eggs
1/4 C honey 

Mix it all together with a hand mixer.  Then stir in sausage.  Pour into muffin pan and bake at 350 until done.  

These are great with scrambled eggs! 

No comments: