BIG BIG NEWS!!
My Baby Girl is getting married!
Ethan proposed on Friday after a 2+year long courtship. She could not be happier.
The tentative day is October 20. That's this year ya'll. Like in just a few weeks!
We have lots of tidbit conversations going on like who's going to take pictures, how many crayons to buy for the kids' table, and where you put the forks on the cake table.
The forks. Just where do ppl put the forks? I've never noticed. You can't just stand them up in a plastic cup. If you lay them out fancy that would take forever. And Meg said you can't just open up the Sams box and let the ppl have at it. .....we didn't know.
Time to get super busy. Yesterday we did our first wedding shopping day. Just the two of us.
And since I'm the only one in the family not required to wear wedding garb we had to find something for me to wear. How hard could it be?
6 stores later I had decided that I probably would have to stay home b/c there was nothing we liked. And for whatever reason Eldest put her foot down on my jeans and t-shirt idea. Picky.
Throughout the shopping I had politely waved off the offers of "Can I help you find something in particular?"
Because really how do you just say....
Something longish
Not too fancy
But not frumpy
It needs to sorta match the colors
No ruffles of any sort
Modest...hello!
And preferably not polyester.
Just when I thought we might actually have to go to the mall, I remembered that I thought there was a Dress Barn somewhere in town. We found it and guess what??
My friend Detra worked there and I didn't even know!!
I love Detra. She is the perfect motherly type to set things right. She says it like it is and would have no problem telling me the outfit I picked looked stupid. So I told her everything.
And in a matter of 20 minutes I was completely outfitted with something that Meg gushed over. I laid out more money than I have ever spent on clothes for myself but my girl was happy that her Momma wouldn't show up in the favorite Request Denied t-shirt.
Check!
And since Detra has done a couple of weddings herself I asked her what details we might be leaving out. She mentioned getting nails done and such but I asked about forks. And she knew! Talk about saving the day.
15 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS!!! It was a good thing I was just waking up in bed when my mom told me, because I think I would have fallen over. ;)
We'll be praying for you while you plan this momentous event!! Blessings! I'm so happy for you, Meg!!!
Laurie
Wow! October! I guess if you wait 2 years, you want to get married NOW! Glad you got the fork situation (and the outfit!) sorted out! :) Have fun with all of this...your first wedding as the mama of the bride!
Okay, you found out what to do with the forks and YOU'RE NOT GOING TO SHARE? :)
So happy for you cousin...You did a great job...Rheba would be gushing over you about now....Telling you how proud she was...as am I.
Something we'll always share togather...Oct. 20th is my birthday :)
I know! That's what I wanted to tell u the other day!
Wouldn't Nanny look just stunning walking down the aisle on the arm of one of her grandsons?
Really Taleia? U didn't know either? She said decorate a pretty basket to match and put the forks in there. So I was like, "why didn't I think of that!?"
U should call her Laurie! She'd love to hear from u!
Hey how bout u come and sing in the wedding!! Yes?
Congratulatoins!!! So excited for this new adventure in life. Can't wait to hear more in the next TWO months! Wow!
Wow! We send all our congratulations! You'll all be in our prayers these busy coming weeks.
Yay!
AWWW, I tried to reply to these individually. I don't know what happened!
Whatever y'all need...I'm here. Including emergency fork positioning coordinator. ;) Soooo excited!!!!!
Was the "sing in the wedding" one meant for me or do you have other singing friends here? If it was for me, oh how I would LOVE to come!! But yikes, I'd be 34 weeks preggo! I don't know if I would have the air to sing at that point and they may not let me on a plane!
Post a Comment