Tracy reminded me that I haven't blogged about the new land at all. Where have I been?
I had the chance to go out there today so I took some phone pix to share with you.
Re-cap:
A long time ago God was working on us to be debt-free.
We ignored it.
God persisted.
Honey thought we needed to sell the house. (our only debt)
God persisted.
I decided they were both right. Again.
Our idea was to sell then buy or build something less expensive.
In the meantime, my in-laws decided they wanted a place to settle down.
Maybe we could find some land and live on it together?
We spent a lot of time looking at properties.
And the house sold FAST.
We weren't quite ready for that!
We moved into this rent house.
After lots of hunting we laid our eyes on this beautiful land and it was just right!
There is a house at the front of the property that my in-laws are living in. It's pretty with a beautiful tree in the front and a wonderful porch. I took a picture of it but then my camera said "no cf card".
Growl....my fault. Oh well, whip out the phone.
There is also this huge horse stall barn thing with an air conditioned work shop that my father-in-law is in love with. No pix of that either.
So here's where we start. In the back, behind my in-law's house.
Pond! FarmerBoy catches fish everytime we go. It's his favorite place. I hear its not too deep b/c the previous owner's horses were standing in the middle of it when we visited one time. I hope it doesn't dry up in this heat.
See the barn and hay bales to the right? That's about where the property line is on that side.
It goes past the tree line in the back and leads down to a creek. I haven't made it that far yet. It's completely fenced. 11 acres.
I'm not sure what I was taking a picture of here. Well that dark colored thing is a bridge and the pond is on the right of my father-in-law standing there. See the barn in the back on the left?
My husband and I are in disagreement as to what this is. I say chicken coop. He says feeder. Feeder of what? If he thinks chickens then he is right. Otherwise....no.
So here's the spot where the contractor says will be best. It is high for good drainage. The soil conditions are ideal and the spot is the right size. Yay! It's set pretty far back both from the street and my in-law's house. The next step is the perk test on the soil to see if it will be good for a septic system. I'm praying for that!
And to the left of our spot is a big barn and the chicken coop.
Behind the spot back by the trees is one of those open barn type things like you put hay in.
Ta da! What do you think?
4 comments:
I love it!!! yay!!! The kids will LOVE it there!
Not sure what your 'feeder' building is, but the fencing doesn't indicate that it was a chicken coop (sorry ;-)
sure hope you 'pass' yer perk test!
(I'm pretty sure if our land could pass, yours will!)
Yea! for you cousin.
Are you gonna get some chickens?? I have to agree with "the momma" (your momma?) up there and say that I don't think that's a chicken coop. Where would the chicken's lay their eggs? But maybe you could turn it into a chicken coop!
Looks like a great piece of land that your kids will love growing up on! Hope the septic can go in where you want it!
Your dad says its a horse stall!!
Post a Comment