Monday, July 09, 2012

Lately.....

I started the week (Sunday) in a horrible mood.  I'm not even sure why except that I haven't been in a bad mood in a while so I guess I was due.  I ended the day by sending everyone to bed and threatening my husband.  I don't recommend that. 

I don't even have too much to blog about but here's some things that have been going on lately....

~Mr. Jay gave us a bunch of okra. Happy momma.

~I got a dehydrator for my birthday!!  And I haven't even had a chance to use it yet.  But I will.  A lot. 

~I'm determined to overcome my cooking woes and enjoy my kitchen again.   So today I made a good decision.  ...picture this:  Monday morning rolls around and I forgot (again) that I haven't menued for the week.  Of course there are never leftovers from the weekend and my man will be coming home for lunch.  So lunch for Mondays from now on will be tuna sandwiches.  I only need a few things in the kitchen to pull it off.  I won't have to think about it anymore.  tuna sandwiches on Monday.  Every week.  Done. 

~Ms. Turner is my hero.  She is the most awesome story time lady ever.  She seems genuinely happy to see my kids.  And even though she hasn't seen us for awhile she remembered FarmerBoy's favorite book and promised to read it next week.  Love her.

~Speaking of FarmerBoy.  This is what came out of his mouth today..
"Mom, you know those blue overall things that farmers wear?  Where do you buy those and do they have them in my size?" 

What in the world?  And where did this kid come from?  Um, no Son.  They will never have those in your size.

~He has a watering job for a friend of mine while she is on vacation.  He is disappointed that it's raining and he won't need to go tomorrow.

~ZBoy went to church wearing 2 different shoes last night.  Not even remotely the same. 

~OH!  And my sister-in-law came to church with us.  I hope she comes back!

~We had another meeting with the contractor.  I think he's understanding what we want pretty well.  We are getting closer.  Perk test on Thursday.  Pray for that if you think about it. 

~This is funny.  I've been thinking about doing a Christmas in July night with my kids.  Hot chocolate, vanilla chex mix, and a Christmas movie for fun.  And now without me even saying anything about it, my man is sitting here in bed humming Christmas songs!  Haha! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have a good day cousin....Usually when I'm havin a bad day...I go to bed, not everybody else...Later.