Thursday, July 26, 2012

Swipes

Working on our new school/fall schedule and I redid our chores for the kids.  I love scheduling!  And I love the back to school prep.  Now the actually settling in and doing the school work....not so much. 

My littles are getting bigger and around here that means that you can do bigger chores....like dishes and bathrooms.   With our new chore system, Mally (6yo) is responsible for "swiping" the bathroom every day. 

Making these swipes is much easier and cleaner for her to use than trying to spray and use a rag.  In the past I've made these with just about every type of cleaner on the shelf.... spic 'n span, simple green, pine sol, whatever we had.  But since these are for Mally I just used vinegar. 
Start with good quality paper towels and cut them in half.  Viva is the best.  Put 1 of them in a lidded container and save the other one for later. 

Mix together 1/2 C. cleaner (or vinegar) and 1 1/2 C water.  I eyeballed this in a mason jar since 2 cups total would be 1/2 way up the jar.  Stir together and pour over the paper towels.  Let sit for awhile and pull out the cardboard tube.  Pull wipes from the middle. 

There!  Easy to use for a quick clean up anywhere and cheaper than the ones in the store!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Clean is good.