Today's the day! Honey and I have been married 24 years. Isn't that awesome?
24 years ago I married my best friend and I love him now WAY more than I did then.
I love living life with him and sharing everything.
I totally don't deserve him.
We celebrated yesterday and drove up to Tenkiller lake. Our friends have a cabin there and invited us to use it. Actually they've been inviting us for 3 years now but this was the first time we took him up on it and I'm so glad we finally did.
The day started off with Taekwondo testing for the whole family. Super fun and I'll post on that later.
I was hoping we could come home, get the kids settled, and head out. It didn't quite work out that way b/c my man was on call and got a call. So he had to work a bit. He hardly ever gets called on his call week but he's been working quite a bit this weekend.
That was over and we packed some snacks and kissed the kids. We've been listening and reading Not A Fan by Kyle Idleman and we listened some more on the ride there. My favorite part of the book so far is the idea of having the largest check you write every month go to Kingdom work. The way you spend your money is an indication of what you consider most important. If we say we put God first in our lives, then our spending needs to reflect that. For us that means we had to have an uncomfortable conversation about our new house plans. But those conversations are good too to make sure we're on the same page.
We got lost.
When we finally found it, one of the first things we did was feed the deer. You spread out corn on this big rock right outside the cabin and pretty soon....DEER!
| Isn't he pretty? The deer's pretty too. |
We spent the day just being together, sitting on the rocks on the shore and watching the boats, watching a movie, talking, and being quiet. OH the quiet was nice.
On the way home we listened to our book some more and some Scripture for youth class Sunday.
We got back in town and ate at Chilis. He said, "We're eating dinner at 9:30. This is just like old times!"
Funny how family life has re-defined dinner. When it was just the two of us we could sit on the couch and watch tv with a box of Lucky Charms between us and call it dinner.
This was the farthest we've gone off together and left the kids without G'ma. I was so proud of them. We came home to a clean house, and everyone ready for church...including boys' hair cuts!
I'm thinking we might need to do this every week since the girls did so much better than I do on getting ready for church the night before.
We ended the day by staying up way too late watching wrestling on YouTube. Any Von Erich/Freebird fans out there? I forgot how fun that was!
We ended the day by staying up way too late watching wrestling on YouTube. Any Von Erich/Freebird fans out there? I forgot how fun that was!
Thank you Honey for such a great day! Happy Anniversary! I love you!
2 comments:
I'm glad your date, though shorter than preferred, was nice!!
hmm ~ I guess we like food a little too much; we spend more on food than anything else per month 8/
Proud of you..
Post a Comment