Friday, July 20, 2012

Goals For ZBoy

As the back to school season is about to begin I'm thinking on my goals for my kids for this year.   If LittleMan was in public school he would be starting kindergarten this year.  That means for the first time in over 20 years I would have an empty house.  Praise God for homeschooling!!  

Here's some of my goals for LittleMan and some things I plan to use.  He's a strong reader but weak on his fine motor skills.  He's also a lefty which is a first for me. 

~To obey without questioning or arguing.
~To accept a NO without wet noodling or crying.

~Work diligently on his chores without needing reminders.  I have a new system for this that we're starting today.  I'll tell ya more about it later. 

~Saxon Math 1
~Math flash cards.
~Calendar, Money,Time, and 100 Chart

~Bob books, The Beginner's Bible, The Jesus Story Book Bible for this year's reading as well as whatever else I find along the way.

~Story time with Ms Turner.
~Awana and Sunday School.
~At least one art project a week to develop fine motor skills.
~Bible Copy Work for penmanship.
~Spelling Power
~Various worksheets.
~TKD.  He tests for his yellow belt tomorrow!

So to my homeschool peeps - Does this look balanced?  Am I leaving something out?

No comments: