Saturday, May 26, 2012

This Week

We had a fun morning picking green beans out of this gorgeous garden.  Someday I hope we can be good farmers like this.

Then there was the snapping.  I know if I had to do this all the time it would become a chore, but since we never get to do it, we enjoyed it.

Now what?  All my canning stuff is packed away.  The obvious alternative was freezing so I spent a morning blanching and bagging beans for the freezer.  The whole time my kids were asking how we were ever going to eat that many green beans.  Picking and snapping was fun...actually having to eat them is something different.

~VBS signups this week.  Can't wait to meet my new class!  Though most of my kids will be familiar, I'm hoping for some new friends too.  My room is mostly decorated and next week we'll work on it a little more.  I'm planning on doing my VBS lessons with my own kids at home next week. 

~The minute I finish VBS I am taking 4 kids and heading to Texas for the weekend.  It's a girl family reunion with my mom, grandmother, aunt, cousin, and I don't know who else.  I never get to see my cousin Carri and I am super excited about getting to spend 3 whole days with her!  My kids are so disappointed to miss it.  I wish it was easier for everyone to go. 

~And then!  When we come home we will have the fun of having some more of our Colorado peeps visit us!  Love them.  And whatever disappointment my kids feel about missing out on TX will be forgotten when they come.  It'll be short but we're thankful for whatever we can get! 

~After that we're hoping for a visit from Aunt Mich and Tate and Chloe from AZ.  Oh yes, June will be awesome.

~I feel so unworthy of the blessings of family and friends I have. 

~We discovered we live walking distance from the dog park.  Have you ever been to a dog park?  Do you even know what it is?  I didn't.  Well it's a big piece of land where you take your dog and let him run all over the place.  I guess in my mind I pictured a gross dry field covered with dog poop.  But WOW, it's this beautiful lush green park, very well cared for, with a lake and pretty trees.  I'm surprised this prime piece of real estate is wasted on dogs!  But anyhow, it's been a good place for Lane to escape to every day with Buzz and Joey.

~The property in Charleston is set to close on Thursday.  We're starting to get more serious about house plans. 

~2 months in the rent house.  4 more to go (at least).  I find myself missing a few things that are in storage now.  Mainly our games and some kitchen things.  It'll be all the sweeter to finally get to unpack those things in a few months.

~I went to the used book sale and spent $5.  Living here has taught me that I don't need as many of anything (even books) as I once thought I did. 

~Sams on Memorial Day weekend is a bad idea.  At least I had a handsome young man to tag along with me.  And whatever I saved at the book sale I spent at Sams.  On books.  Jackpot!  Lots of things for our back to school party in the fall.  Shhhhh.....it's a surprise!  One of my faves is a Billy Graham book about Heaven.  That's not for the kids.  It's for me.  But I'll share. 

~Jes and I spent so much time at Sams that we missed lunch so I took him to Taco Bell and spilled beans all over my shirt. 

~My in-laws came for dinner tonight.   I love that they are living in town now and just pop in and out whenever they want.  We had spaghetti and green beans.  Surprise. 

I'll leave you with a verse I'm praying for VBS.  It's beautiful, don't ya think?
"Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us, and establish the work of our hands for us; yes, establish the work of our hands"  Psalm 90:17

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good time.