Patience is more than endurance. A saint's life is in the hands of God like a bow and arrow in the hands of an archer. God is aiming at something the saint cannot see, and He stretches and strains, and every now and then the saint says – “I cannot stand any more!” God does not heed. He goes on stretching until His purpose is in sight, then He lets fly. Trust yourself in God's hands. For what have you in need of patience just now? Maintain your relationship to Jesus Christ by patience of faith. “Though He slay me, yet will I wait for him.” --Oswald Chambers
Again, God's perfect timing.
Honey and I were feeling somewhat defeated in our new ministry. We're the kind that like to see immediate results. The results weren't there. We weren't even spinning our wheels....it seemed to me we were rolling backwards. Patience is not my strong suit.
Preparing for this week's youth lesson, I was reading the parting of the Red Sea. I get so put out with the Israelites always complaining, always doubting, never trusting even after all they experienced. I mean really. They saw all those incredible plagues and watched God totally transform their situation. Yet they stand at the edge of sea and whine about going back to Egypt.(?) I don't get it.
And yet I do. I live that very thing! I judge my own situation by outward appearances completely forgetting the power of God. I whine that it's not working, that I'm not the right person for this, that this isn't what I meant. I want to turn around and march in the opposite direction certain that there's been some mistake.
What a pitiful wimp I am!
And there I was getting ready for youth, when God had a message for me instead. Don't you love how clever He is?
"Fear not, stand firm, and see the salvation of the Lord, which He will work for you today." Ex 14:13
I wonder what is next? :-)
1 comment:
Im right there with you. we have been doing an OT survey study and God keeps speaking to me showing me how much like those Israelites I am.
jodie
Post a Comment