Why don't I make cookies more often? Mostly because getting out and putting back all those ingredients take just as much time as making the cookies themselves. So today I made these mixes for the freezer.
I figure getting out 3 ingredients is much better than digging out 12. Besides I'm trying to increase my freezer cooking.
3 Cups flour
2 1/2 Cups sugar (I used 2 cups of sucanat)
2 tsp salt
1 tsp each baking powder/soda
1 C. shortening (I used palm shortening)
3 C. oats
Mix all the dry ingredients then cut in the shortening until it is crumbly. Then add...
1 bag of chocolate chips
2 Cups of chopped nuts
Stir it all together and measure out 2 1/2 cups into each zip lock bag. If you use white flour you can store these in the pantry. If you use whole wheat flour they'll need to go in the freezer. It made 5 batches with about 1 1/2 cups left over. I didn't know what to do with the left over. I haven't mastered the art of measuring 1/2 an egg! So I poured it into our granola cereal.
When you're ready to make cookies you just need to pull out 4 things...
1 bag of mix
1 egg
1 T milk
1 t. vanilla
Mix up. Spoon out onto cookie sheet and bake at 350.
I baked up one batch right away to make sure we liked them. Delish! And they were plenty sweet even though cut the sugar by 1/2 cup.
No comments:
Post a Comment