Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Seed Mix


I've been trying to incorporate more seeds in my diet.   Some I like better than others and I tend to gravitate toward those.  I read this great idea about making a seed blend.  Since the size and texture of pumpkin seeds is mostly what I don't like about them, this makes it easier for me to actually eat them instead of just look at them in the pantry.

This took about 20 seconds total.  I dumped some pumpkin, sunflower, and flax seeds in my blender and gave them a whirl.  Then I added hemp and chia and just stirred them into it with a spoon.  

Ta Da!  Pretty too huh? 
Now I add this to everything.   It's best sprinkled on salads or cereal or dumped into smoothies.  But it's pretty good on most everything else too.....kinda like a salt and pepper habit it just tastes different!  I keep them in the fridge and just grab them at every meal.

No comments: