Thursday, May 31, 2012

Do Like A Duck Does

These are our latest library finds.  Ms. Martha, our newest story time lady, read this one a couple of weeks ago and it has stayed at our house since.  Now LittleMan can read the whole thing by himself and it is a new fave.  It has a catchy rhyming verse that is easy and fun to read.  The kids especially like the way that Momma outwits the brown fox in the end!

Great news!  Paperback Swap has this and it should be on its way to our house in a couple of days.  This one is a keeper and I'm going to save it for our back-to-school party in the fall. 

Our other new favorite is Pete The Cat: I Love My White Shoes. 
Mrs. Turner read this to us and what book that Mrs. Turner reads would not be an instant favorite?  She said that whenever she reads this story the librarians spend the rest of the day saying "Goodness NO!" 

Pete is the coolest blue cat ever.  I had no idea he had such a following!  You can check him out here.  You can also download his latest hits.  They make my kids belly laugh every time! 

My favorite thing about Pete is his awesome attitude.  I overheard LittleMan tell his grandmother, "Whatever you step in, just keep walking along and singing your song.  Because its all good."  Ha! 

We got this book for LittleMan's b-day this year.  There is a new one out that we are picking up from the library today.   Big surprise for my little people!  I'm sure it will be added to my list of books for the back-to-school party too. 

BTW, today is the day to sign up for the library's summer reading program!   Its one of our favorite things of the summer.   Will I see you there?

No comments: