Sunday, December 25, 2011

Ramblings Of Discontent

I can not even count the times in my life when I've considered myself blessed by material gain.
A beautiful house.  Reliable cars.  Candles on the table.  A new red Kitchen Aid. 
I'm happy.  I'm blessed.  I'm full. 

But I'm also done.  I'm like the disciples when Jesus was feeding the 5000.  Except when Jesus hands me the bread and fish I just keep thanking Him for such a great lunch.  I don't pass it out.  I keep it for myself and consider myself blessed. 

Is that the blessing?  The things that are used up, broken, lost, or stolen? 

Reading tonight I came across Psalm 67.
"May God by gracious to us and bless us and make his face to shine upon us, that your way may be known on earth, your saving power among all nations.  Let the peoples praise you, O God; let all the peoples praise you!"  (v 1-3)

Here it says we want the graciousness and blessings of God upon us.  But why

So that we can share it with others!!  So that they will know Him!  And all the peoples will praise Him!

THAT'S the blessing. 

THAT's what I want. 

"And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?"  Then I said, "Here am I!  Send me."  Isaiah 6:8

Yes God, send MEEEE!!!

There is a burning in my soul.  A discontent.  A need for more of God to share with others.   The others to share God with. 

It's like VBS 2010 only more.  And I didn't think there could ever be more than that!  I feel an emergency to alter the landscape. 

And I just don't think that my current lifestyle of  houses, cars, a good job, and super foods will cut it. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i have had the same discontent for several months...

Anonymous said...

Wow...Thank you for sharing a little deeper this time.That is quite a issue you have...It's hard to have a answer to that one...but I'll try. You are a very blessed person...always have been..I am reminded of the story of the bible story of the three men who their master left to go out of town and gave each of the three a sum of money to look after. Do you remember that story? Two of the men invested their masters money wisely and made a profit while one burried it in the ground and made none. Your life to me seems alot like one of the men who invested it wisely..You have had experiences and done things for the lord I could never know. You have children who you have taught to love the lord and have been a example to other people of what the lord has done for you. I would not disregard those things lightly...I have no children...Tho I love the lord in my heart..I do not search out his house or have fellowship with him with other people.The lord has to work in much smaller steps with me....my heart does not love people as you do.Life was much diffrent for me.
You don't have to try a be more than you already are. People who meet you and your family already see the lords work in you. Be patient and still and I believe he will bring the people to you...you won't have to go look for them. Eric