Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Catching Up

Did you have a good Christmas?

This was one of my most favorite Christmases.  I think it had a lot to do with intentionally slowing down with regular life and concentrating on the holiday goodness that I've always wanted to do.  Loved it. 

Egg nog night.  A Christmas Carol.  Service projects.  Shoe boxes. Making ornaments.  Ginger bread houses.  Advent. Crafts. Oodles of coloring sheets.  Games.   A special Awana night.  A Texas trip to love on my family.  Goodness galore! I'm so thankful. 

Honey did practically all the Christmas shopping this year.  I'm sure that had something to do with it being one of my favorite Christmases. :-)

And now I'm enjoying my house getting back in shape.  Christmas stuff is packed away and I'm starting to see the floor in my room again. 

~I got a great report from my rheumatologist today.  He thinks I'm doing great.  And once the swelling in my thumb goes away we'll start to talk about weaning off my meds.   I don't go back until March except for labs!

~Little Man and I are having a show down over 14 peas.  He's had them for 3 meals now and he'll have them in the morning for breakfast.  If I had any idea he hated them so I don't think I would've picked this battle.  He's very good natured about it though and understands that he won't see another bite of food until
they are gone. 
           
14 peas My Love.  You can do it. 

~Movie night tomorrow at IBC for the Awana folks!  Oh how I miss my little boys!!  I hope they had a wonderful Christmas and I look forward to hearing about it tomorrow.   Can't wait!

~I'm cleaning out my house.  If you need any junk, see me.

~One of the things I want to teach my kids and be consistent with myself is keeping our bed areas neat.  My boys like to store all kinds of treasures on their beds.  My girls and I like to junk up our night stands.  I'm trying to remember (and teach them) that the first place to start is our own personal spaces. 

~I'm reading this....

Love love love.  I so want to be there.  Or somewhere where we can feed the sheep in a more significant way.  I really want to do a family mission trip next Christmas instead of Christmas presents.  But I don't want to be caught up in my own ideas and plans.  Just open to whatever God has for us.  But I have an idea that it's much more than this.  I better not get started....it'll be a super long post. 

Also reading this...

Sweet family and I always learn a lot from them. 

Fixing to re-read these....



~Oatmeal soaking for tomorrow's breakfast.  Beans soaking for movie night's chili. 
I love winter cooking!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

"Kisses from Katie" rocked my world in a good way. Not sure what God is doing, but I've seen that He's rocking more than just my heart, that's for sure. I can't even tell you how much I love the idea of going on a missions trip instead of Christmas as usual. We should talk and trade ideas! And may we continue to love the people God has put in front of us (the main "now" thing God showed me through Katie's book). Love you and your heart, Sandy! :)