Thursday, December 29, 2011

Goodbye Peas

Little Man woke up puny and fussy and seemed like he needed a couple more hours of sleep.   He certainly needed some Momma love.  

I told him that maybe he wasn't feeling so well b/c he hadn't eaten much lately....thanks to the peas. 
Big tears welled up in those brown eyes at the mention of the peas.  At that point I was ready to throw in the towel. 

But out of nowhere his 9yo brother jumped to his side.
"Momma, I'll eat the peas!" 
"Can I eat the peas for him?"
"I WANT the peas!"
Can I please??"

The tears that I was fighting back were freely flowing now!  And there was hope in Little Man's eyes....and the beginning of a smile. 

Oh thank you Jes!  Thank you for stepping in as the picture of Christ in your brother's behalf!  Your momma is so blessed. 

Jes ate the peas.  All 14 of them.  Cold.  With the same enjoyment as if it were chocolate.  Big smile and a
"Thank you Momma!" 

I'm so in love with this kid!

5 comments:

Wendy said...

Wow...wonderful! What a perfect story. Thanks for sharing!

I had to laugh when I read your previous post about the peas. I was a pea-hater as a child, and my dad would make me take "more than I could count at a glance" on my plate...then eat them all. They were cold and disgusting, and I told my dad that I would never like them. I still don't. Your little man has my sympathy. :-)

Amanda said...

What an incredibly sweet story!

Misty said...

I have been praying for the peas to go away. Not only for Zeke, but for mom as well. That is hard stuff. Jes is an answer to prayer. What sweet kids you have.

Rebekah said...

Look at what God has blessed--- Diligent discipleship from God fearing parents. *happy heart with tears*

Anonymous said...

what a sweet picture! If there had been no peas, there would have been no illustration. I am thankful for the peas.
jodie