Monday, June 27, 2011

VBS Take 2

This week is VBS at our own church. It seems like it has always been so far away and now it's actually here.

This has been a new experience for me b/c I've never organized something like this before. Today was especially fun b/c some of my older kids and I spent the morning decorating the church. They are fun to work with.

I have enjoyed watching our church come together to pull this off so easily. Everyone has been eager to pitch in and generous with their time. It's been great to be a part of it.

Tonight we had almost 30 kids. Most were church kids....either our church or someone else. But there was one family from the apartments where we did the cook out this weekend. Happy to see them there!

Great music, games, snacks, and a wonderful clown show from Fun In The Son. I loved hearing the chatter from all my kiddos at home taking about their class, their teacher, their friends, the Bible Verse they learned.

The only thing I would do differently is have my own class. I miss that. But I enjoyed listening in a bit on all the others....especially my son's PreK - Kindergarten class. Cutie Patooties.

No pix until the end of the week b/c they are all on Honey's camera. He's the official VBS photographer of the week. Then maybe I can share a little video thingy he's putting together.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

funny that you are on vbs#2. We are on vbs #3. We heard that oak cliff was doing Answers in Genesis so the kiddos wanted to go there this week. I am now officially one of those moms who sends her kids to vbs for what seems like all summer so far. crazy.

jodie

Rebekah said...

Correction. Mom wanted the kids to go there and they decided it would be fun. ;P

TaggTroop said...

It IS fun. Answers In Genesis is what we do at Immanuel. I love it...well and I especially love my little kiddos.

TaggTroop said...

Jodie, you'll never be "one of those moms" until you use every VBS in town for your babysitter.

(I think you're safe!)