Saturday, June 04, 2011

Miscellaneous Monday

I bought a paper yesterday. And the Wednesday before. The kidney stone episode found me in Walgreens for the first time in about a year. Walgreens and I usually don't get along. But while I was waiting I picked up the sales paper and found a freebie on the contact solution that my man likes. And believe it or not, they actually had it in stock!! I know!

So I looked some more. And there right on the first page was a picture of the most expensive supplement that I use every month. Half off! And AGAIN, they had 4 boxes! Now everyone knows that Walgreens is way more expensive than Walmart (where I usually buy this particular supplement) but with this sale I save $40/mo over the Walmart price.

SCORE!

I bought them all. Then when I was in TX, I went to that Walgreens and bought all of those too.

So back to the paper. I stopped buying the newspaper when I stopped couponing. But now I'm gonna cautiously give it another try without setting my affections on success. We don't usually eat stuff that you buy with coupons, but I'd be thrilled with getting some free soap now and then. We just now ran out of all the free soap I accumulated in Colorado.

Boy that was a long story just to tell you that I bought a newspaper.

~Today was the first day back to school since vacation. I've been praying over our school for the fall. What to start, what to drop, what to try. So this week I'm slowing trying a few things. Today I worked with the boys teaching them to outline notes using our history lesson. We'll school all summer except for the days when there's something better to do.

~My man just got a new guitar. More like the guitar. So why is my music room so quiet? He just plays scales and practices lessons. No songs. Seems that I hafta go to church to hear him actually play. Just sayin Honey!

~Tonight I went for a walk. Nice night. A little sweaty. Wild and lush landscape, fireflies, bunnies in my yard, and loud mouth bull frogs. LOVE the south!

~I miss my walking buddy. I've been reluctant to handle the leash but I think I'm gonna give it a shot soon. He's a good boy so it shouldn't be a big deal.

~We learned a new phrase today. "Sowing discord". It's mentioned twice in Proverbs 6. There's been a bit of arguing around here lately and as always, God's Word is fitting.

~You should see my basil!

~Guess what? I'm fixing to give tofu another shot. I've got some ideas.....

Today's Meals...
Breakfast - oatmeal and blueberries
Lunch - leftovers
Dinner - Green pasta...My 10yo son's fave.
Penne pasta, broccoli, peas, green onions, and spinach tossed with olive oil, garlic, basil, oregano, and s/p. DELISH!!

No comments: