Monday, June 13, 2011

VBS Take 1 Day 1



Take a look at this good lookin bunch! 9 cutsie boys in my 1st/2nd grade class this year on the first day. And two of them bear a striking resemblance to my man of the house!


Some old friends and some new ones too. I missed my Bigboy and MJ though. Bigboy is away for the summer but I'm hoping to see MJ this week.


Today we talked about John 14:6. "Jesus said, I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."


This verse is so straight forward. There is NO other way to get to heaven except through Jesus. Not b/c you go to church. Not b/c you're a good person...or at least not as bad as some. Only through the blood of Jesus. No other way.


We did some sign language, played a game, and by the end most of them had at least the gist of it down pretty well.


We also learned about Jesus being the Creator. And the conversation turned to "HOW" did He create things. Like with His hands? And I was reminded anew of the amazing God who spoke the universe into being. AND I got to share it with my little peeps.


My 15yo son and his 13yo sister took a class of 6 four year olds. Eldest was in charge of music. Lane was sick...but hopes to jump in some time this week. And it was the first time the 5 youngest have ever gotten to participate.


Day 1 = Great success!







No comments: