Tuesday, June 07, 2011

New Space

I rearranged my laundry/storage room today! I wish I had taken some before pix so you could see the difference. Suffice it to say it's huge.

It was always a mess. And I was sick of it. So I went in looking around for more space to add shelves. I went in the garage to see if there were any shelves out there I could re-purpose. I contemplated materials and wondered if Honey would go for it.

Then the idea hit me.
How 'bout just cleaning it up?
Rearrange. Dejunk. Restack.
Worth a shot....
These are shelves on the left side of the room. They hold most of our bulk food and some foo-foo dishes that won't fit in the kitchen. I use those honey jars for so many things.

The blue bins beside the shelves hold grain. Oats, soft wheat, and hard wheat.

Then you have the dirty clothes.

On the right side is the washer/dryer and my basket of orphan socks and ironing. Just wiping these off made a world of difference! They get gross fast. See that closet on the end?



Inside is a little storage cabinet that holds this miscellaneous stuff. And you can't see it, but there is even an EMPTY shelf on the bottom!


Who knew? I should rearrange stuff more often.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Positively inspiring! Wanna come and help me with my basement??? That look of lovely order just brings a peace to the soul, doesn't it?

Good job!