Geo lays it on hard and heavy the last day. Anytime he's in the same room with a class, he talks about making sure they are right with God. I just don't see how any of them could miss it after the repetition of the week ....and the last day. Truth over and over.
10 of my boys were back for the last day. Most even had perfect attendance for the week. I loved meeting my new friends and I hope they come back next year.
Day 5 we learned about how God changes lives. We read about George Mueller and Gladys Aylward. We had crackers and juice and they tied up their feet with crepe paper like the little girls in China. And even though we had messy-ish stuff everyday, my boys were quick to clean up when told. Impressive bunch they are.
But the best was saved for last. There was a little commencement ceremony and all the kids got up on stage to sing some of their songs and get certificates while some of the mommas and g'mas came to watch.
An invitation was given. Straight forward and serious. All heads bowed. All eyes closed. Nobody coming b/c their friend did. Just between you and God.
And several come forward! I had the unspeakable privilege of praying with Bigboy's sister to receive Christ as tears were streaming down her cheeks. What rejoicing in heaven!! What rejoicing my own heart!
These kids have been faithfully attending Awana and VBS. Hearing the Truth week in, week out. And now responding in faith. Hallelujah!
I also forgot something else. The feeling I'm left with that I have too much and give too little.
3 comments:
Such a sweet time. I am so thankful that you do this and take out kids to serve and participate. You aresuch a good mom and believer....it's amazing what God can do through those that are willing to serve Him!
I love you!
Ur honey.
Uh, that should read "our" kids not "out"....
What a sweet and memorable week! I share your feelings about it, so utterly fulfilling. Sad when it's over, thankful for the privilege of influencing these little lives.
Can't wait until next year!
Loved all the pics--thanks!
Wendy
Post a Comment