Saturday, June 11, 2011

Are You Prepared?

A friend of mine told me a story this week about how s/he had the opportunity to tell someone about Jesus. This person was desperate, in despair, and finished with life. But my friend froze. And instead of embracing the opportunity, she gave him her pastor's name and number.

I keep thinking about this story. About why my friend froze. About how many lost opportunities I've racked up myself.

But it has also created in me a desperate passion to make sure that my kids feel confident in sharing Jesus with someone. Do they feel that they have studied to show themselves as one approved?.... A workman that is not ashamed and who correctly handles the Word of Truth.
Are they prepared in season and out to give a reason for their hope?

Here's a story about LB when she was little. One of my faves....
She was 5, my nephew was just a bit older. They were sitting at my MIL's table and LB was presenting the gospel to him just as clearly as can be. My nephew was more interested in his lunch but LB was persistent. I listened quietly from the other room. Then when she was finished she ended it with , "A wise woman builds her house, but a foolish one tears hers down. WHATEVER that means!" HA!! Apparently it was verse we had recently memorized and she figured it belonged in there somewhere!

Anyway, I wonder if she'd feel so bold and confident today at 13? What about Mally Bird who is 5 right now? And my boys who just bounce through life without a care in the world? I don't know.

Gotta ask...

1 comment:

Nana said...

Your always the one I look to...your words are my comfort.