Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Awana Sweets

I am so proud of my boys!

Although I've done the wordless book with them lots of times, it had been awhile since I had brought it. So last week I remembered.

I decided to offer them a chance at doing it for the class. I really wasn't sure what kind of response I'd get. I figured there would be a couple who would want no part of it.


Boy was I wrong!


Every boy. Every single little boy wanted to do it! And you know what? They did it beautifully!


As in ..... MY BOYS CAN PRESENT THE GOSPEL!!


This particular night was a special night b/c my own sons were there. They've never come to a regular Awana night before. So of course, they got to do it too.
Yep, approved workmen that are not ashamed!



Oh yeah.



Tonight I brought our Resurrection Eggs to do with my class.


I had six boys including a visitor that I really hope comes back.



As usual, my boys were a rowdy bunch of fun. But as soon as I sat down in the middle of the table with them and the eggs they were very quiet and ready to see what was new.



12 eggs worked out perfectly for 6 little boys to each get to open 2 while I used each item to explain more of the Easter story. And b/c they were so quiet and good we were able to get through the whole dozen before class time was over.



Lately, I've also been taking a few 3rd grade boys while my 2nd graders are at games.


What a difference a year makes!



These guys are more serious about learning their stuff but are just as eager to listen to my blabbering. Tonight, one of the guys had to tell about who was the first person to tell them the gospel. Jason said he didn't know and didn't even know what that was talking about. I'm guessing he probably really did....but I couldn't pass up the chance. So that class got to listen to me tell them about Jesus.



It seems like every week there is at least one ripe moment in the 3rd grade class.



Only 4 or 5 more weeks with my little people. I think we've learned a lot this year!




3 comments:

Luke Hobbs said...

oh, this made me cry - they can tell the gospel story! ministry is full of heartache, but moments like that really do make it worth it :) so happy your class is learning - keep on :D

Luke Hobbs said...

sorry, that's me, Lana. luke isn't crying. i forgot he was logged in...

Rebekah said...

Tears.