Today has been a wonderfully quiet day. I woke up so tired. You know that feeling when you get out of bed and feel like you could sleep another 8 hours? I am glad that happened on Friday and not Monday!
~Today was gym day. This was the 2nd one for cup stacking. Since the first cup stacking gym day, my kids have been speed stacking like crazy! They hardly even put them away before someone is pulling them back out. They are all getting pretty fast and always trying to break their last time. It is harder than it looks. Honey and I were playing with them last night. I think my fastest was 47 seconds. Sooo slow considering my kids usually get around a 17!
~We had the soup in the crockpot that didn't get done in time yesterday. It was yummy. I think the flavors married better in the frige overnight. We had it with a loaf of LB's bread and butter. Mal ate 3 bowls!
~Mayfee took one look and declared it "yucky". He ate nothing.
~I took a short nap and feel a little better.
~I shopped the grocery sales. Bread was on sale for $1 a loaf. When I got to the check out it was $1.39. I'm cheap enough to investigate and discover that it was the split top bread that was on sale! Too lazy to put it back and get the right thing, I considered it a learning experience and will know to be more careful next time. I like to keep store bought bread in the freezer b/c no one like homemade bread for burgers or sloppy joes.
~I returned 3 library books while I was out. Our library is about to close for a month for a remodel. Really, I can't imagine it being any better than it already is! We are getting more self-checkout stations. Those are so handy and fast.
~I got to talk to my friend on the phone and hear how the Lord has worked in her life this week. Yay!
~I got orange rolls rising for tea to go with chocolate/strawberry milk. 6yo is COW today and wanted to go to the grocery store with me. He picked choc and strawberry syrup as a special COW treat. It worked out great since the syrup and the milk was on sale too!
~I have pizza dough working in the bread machine for dinner.
~It is snowing like crazy. I had CT pick up dog poop before it was too late. He came in saying it was snowing too hard and the wind was blowing too hard to get it into the bag. Oh no--I turned him around and made him finish the job.
~Honey is home early since he worked late last night.
~I have a little time to read before babies wake up.......
3 comments:
To read LOTR!!!!!!!!
Okay, I don't think this is the first time you have mentioned orange rolls...have you ever posted the recipe...hint, hint...
love,
shawna
I'm on chapter 2. The part where Frodo is almost 50 but is still like he's in his tweens.
Post a Comment