Monday, January 07, 2008

Marshmallow Cream

Anybody ever tried that marshmallow cream stuff that you buy in a jar? EEwwwww! I needed it to make Aunt Barbara's fudge for Meggy's b-day. This stuff just explodes out of the jar the minute you break the seal. While you're trying to get the seal off it is oozing all over your hand. And just when you think you have it under control, wash your hands, and change your shirt cause it went all up your sleeve it's time to scoop it out and you have a whole other problem. It won't come out of the jar. What was eager to spill out everywhere now stays put and you have to dig it out with a spoon that gets sticky all the way up the handle. Man!

I have a new respect for my Aunt Barbara who made who knows how many batches of fudge for us all at Christmas time. I don't think I'll be doing it again.

1 comment:

j hinkle said...

lol! I don't like the stuff either besides there is nothing natural in it! I hear that you can make your own marshmallow, but I have not tried it. Maybe someday when I cannot find anything else to do..........
jodie