Thursday, January 03, 2008

I got a brand new fancy crockpot this weekend. Can you believe it came from *MACY'S*? That makes me laugh just to think of it.

Well Honey got 2 shirts from Macy's for Christmas. They weren't quite to his liking and they had the tags on them so we took them back. The lady gave us a store credit and we got 5 Christmas ornaments and a beautiful crockpot that matches all the appliances. Nice!

Our old crockpot is still great. It was my grandmother's so who knows how old it is. It has been a faithful servant but now she needs help. 11 mouths to feed was just too much for one lonely crockpot. So now I have 2! This one can be programmed to cook for a certain amount of time and switch to warm. I told ya she was fancy!!

I've had something in it ever since she hit the door. Tomorrow's breakfast will be an apple/peach crisp nice and toasty when we wake up. I love a new toy!

2 comments:

Michele said...

Hi Sandy! I, too, got a new crock-pot, a bigger one but have only used it once for Bell Pepper Steak. How about if in your spare time *grin* you post some of your favorite crock-pot recipes for those of those who don't really know what to do with them.... I would love to put it to work, but rarely use one. Love keeping up with you via 'the blogs'.
Love,
Michele

Anonymous said...

Here, here! I use my crock pot all the time but would love to have some new recipes! Also, mine has a very broken handle after being toted around for the holidays and hubby wants to buy me a new one. What kind is yours???

I love reading your blog and I love your family!
Susie