Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Who's that?

My 10yo son had a writing project where he had to retell a familiar story in his own words. He couldn't think of what story to use. I suggested Goldie Locks and the 3 Bears. He stood there for a minute with a blank look on his face, then said "Well, I'll go ask LB who that is." On his way out he turned back and asked "Golden who?"

While cleaning up the cookie cutters yesterday we ran across a Mickey Mouse toast stamp. He asked what it was so #1 was telling him how we could use it to put a picture of Mickey Mouse on the little boys' sandwich. He didn't quite get it and asked "Why would someone want Super Mouse on their sandwich?"

Super Mouse? Golden, who? Doesn't everybody know who they are? I guess that is one of those "gaps" in homeschooling that I hear about.

No comments: