At the dinner party last night the table conversation turned toward kids. One mom was very proud of her senior son b/c of his very high ACT score. They are hoping for a scholarship. Another mom was telling us how her daughter just won the school wide spelling bee and is headed for the big televised one.
I'm glad for them but it made me start thinking about school. I hate it when I do this and compare my kids to others. I just can't seem to help it. It puts all these thoughts into my head wondering if I'm doing enough or if my kids are ever going to win something neat or get high enough scores to get scholarships.
So I pray and ask the Lord to show me if something is lacking and what to do about it. His word says "And your sons will be taught by the Lord and great will be your childrens' peace." My prayer is that He will teach them what He wants them to know. So I just keep walking in obedience, trusting Him to teach them all they should know and leave the outcome up to Him.
I am up against a wall with one of my daughters. I'm about to have to deny her something that she'd very much like to do. The problem is that I don't have a definate reason why I have to say "no" . Not one that will please her anyway. It's a fine activity but when I pray about it, I sense the Lord's leading that it's wrong for her. Honey agrees. Not wrong in and of itself, but wrong for her for now. So again, I just have to obey what I feel the Lord has for us now and trust Him to help her to understand. It's hard to let go of wanting to be in control and just rest in His perfect love.
On a different note...
I wanted to post my homemade baby wipe recipe. It's so simple and quick and it's cheaper than buying them. If any of you have babies I encourage you to try these. They also make a good baby gift.
1 roll of Bounty or Viva papertowels cut in half. (Viva is better)
2T baby soap or baby shampoo
2T baby oil
1 1/2 C. water
Put half of the papertowels in a container with a tight lid. Save the other half for next time. Mix the water, oil, and soap together and pour over the paper towels. Close the lid and let sit a little while. When you're ready to use them just pull out the cardboard tube and pull wipes from the middle.
Cutting the paper towels is the hard part. You need a good sharp knife. The hand saw doesn't work. I like to get the hard part over with and cut 2 or three rolls at a time. This also enables my kids to make wipes since the rolls are already cut.
No comments:
Post a Comment