I tried so hard to be in a good mood. It just wasn't happening. There was so much to do with a super messy house and Christmas stuff everywhere. My big kids were on the ball helping and working and getting stuff done. My little kids, however, did NOT want to cooperate. Everywhere I turned it seemed that they were thwarting my plans of organization. It was so frustrating. On top of that, I didn't sleep well the night before.
I prayed and asked the Lord to change my heart. I decided I needed a nap and called a break time for everyone after lunch. I took a short nap then read my Bible. I also read a chapter in a book I'm reading titled The Mission of Motherhood.
I didn't like this book much at first. I stuck with it b/c it is my book study book and I wanted to be able to discuss it with my friends. I'm glad I did. It got better. The chapter I read talked about not viewing our kids as interruptions and accepting the fact that they will demand most of our time. It spoke about giving up the "right" we think we have and serving them wholeheartedly as we would serve Jesus.
So convicting. So timely.
I can't say that it really changed my mood all of a sudden. I went to start dinner and #1 came in to chat about her new book. That cheered me up. My little boys were playing outside, Baby Girl was still asleep, and 12yo was playing with 10yo with his new rebounder. That cheered me up too. Everyone was cheerful except me...how could I stay grumpy? I made a Rachel Ray meal in 30 minutes (Yes, I did it!!!) and put together a quick tea snack. I apologized to everyone at the tea table and passed out more chores. With dinner made, we were able to knock out quite a few chores before Honey hit the door.
The house is still not done. The Christmas stuff is still out. But...I was able to rest in the mess without throwing a fit just slowing plugging along at it as I can. The babies are happy and so is everyone else. We'll work on it again tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment