Yesterday I cleaned out my recipe book. Basically it's just a 3 ring notebook with tabbed dividers that holds all my favorite recipes. Whenever I try a new recipe out a cookbook, newspaper, whatever, and it is a success I copy it down in my recipe book. It saves me time b/c I never have to remember which cookbook a recipe is in. It's always in my big notebook.
My notebook needed some work. Some of the dividers were broken. Some recipes weren't in page protectors. Some recipes were stuck in the pockets to try later. I cleaned it all up yesterday and fixed and reorganized the whole thing. I added two new tabs, one labeled "favorites" to put all those recipes in that we reach for time and time again and one labeled "to try later" so I didn't need to stuff those in the pockets anymore.
The whole thing took about ten minutes. It was one of those nagging little things that I've wanted to do but didn't get around to it. Not a big deal but it feels good to be done with it.
I think I'm going to start a book for each of my big kids of all their favorite recipes and the ones they like to cook themselves. I'm glad my printer makes copies.
We're having company for dinner tomorrow night. I'm looking forward to trying out all sorts of new recipes on them! Honey says that's dangerous.
1 comment:
funny, I just made a notebook like yours because I liked your idea.
Post a Comment