She's my favorite Food Network chef. I love watching it this time of year to see all the holiday shows and foods. She makes all her meals in 30 minutes from start to finish. I always try to do that too but I never can.
I tried again today. I had 45 minutes before nap time was over and I almost always make dinner during naptime. Tonight's menu was chicken spaghetti, creamed spinach, salad, and breadsticks. I cooked the chicken earlier in the crockpot and our salad was leftover from last night. I felt ahead of the game before I even started. The first problem was the creamed spinach recipe. It was a new one from a baby food cook book and I wasn't familiar with it. Even though it was an easy recipe, I kept having to go back and read over it. I went to start the dough in the bread machine for breadsticks and discovered that we had no flour in the freezer. I had to stop and grind it. Now I'm behind.
Honey came home from a photo shoot just in time to get little ones up from their naps and keep them out of the kitchen so I could finish. What I thought should take me 30 minutes, really took me way over an hour. I guess that's why Rachael has a show and I don't.
Here's the new Food Network show that I wish they'd show...."30 Minute Meals For A Big Family Including Clean Up"!
1 comment:
Teehee! Do NOT think its possible! Glad you REALLY think griding flour takes a long time!
Post a Comment