Someone should come up with a universal sized game box and design every game to fit into them. It seems like it would save everyone money as they could be mass produced. It is hard to balance all the different sized game boxes on my shelf. It would need to be made of some material that is stronger than cardboard as we are frequently having to repair a box. It would also be nice if the game rules were printed on the under side of the lid so they wouldn't be lost.
This week I decided that I would teach 5yo how to play Uno Attack. I know how to play regular Uno but I couldn't remember what the special cards in the Attack version meant. Good thing my daughter has a better memory than I do! Also I couldn't remember how many cards to start out with. I went to look for the instructions, but who knows where they were. This is an odd shaped plastic machine sort of game that doesn't even have a box so there is no place to even keep the rules. We just guessed about the cards and played the game.
After the games were over, I searched some more for the rules until I found them. I decided that I would start a Game Rules folder for all our game rules. Uno Attack was the first to go in. From now on, every time I play I game, I'm going to swipe the rules and file them into my new folder.
No comments:
Post a Comment