There are some days when I start looking forward to naptime around 8:30 am. Today was one of those. It has been one of those days when everyone seems unusually noisy and someone is constantly wanting something. Praise the Lord that it is naptime!
I don't understand mothers who give up naptime when their kids hit the age of 3 or 4. It is such a nice (quiet) time to rest and regroup for the rest of the day. Hopefully my kids are resting and regrouping too!
My older kids do not nap anymore but they have "quiet time". They must do something quietly and not disturb me or the little ones. They may not roam the house, but stay downstairs . Usually they are still finishing school. They have always liked this time as their free time to do what they like to do.
I use this time to make dinner, clean, read, blog, or sometimes nap. It's also a good time to run those errands that I can do quicker without little boys. They are quiet and it's easy babysitting for their big sisters.
By the time naptime is over, I'm refreshed and ready for the 2nd part of the day. Tea is ready, dinner is ready, and the house has "recovered" from the chaos of the morning.
I love naptime!
No comments:
Post a Comment