I went to Sams today. We have reached a point in our family where I can no longer use the regular shopping cart and I have to get flat bed kind. My little boys love it because the ride is more fun. Buying in bulk isn't really buying in bulk anymore. It's just what we normally use. I praise the Lord for Sams! It is so much more convenient than buying all those rolls of toilet paper in the small bags. I love having a big family.
Today I'm shopping with Jes. By the time we were done there was barely room on the end for him to sit and ride. There was a lot of stuff. When I was checking out, I asked the lady if there was someone who could help me load. She motioned to the orange-vested cart gathering guy and he walked with me to the van. I was watching Jesse get in his car seat while the guy unloaded my stuff. Before I knew it, he was walking away. I looked over there and he said "You just need help with the dog food and soap, right?" He unloaded 2 things and left everything else!!
Now, there wasn't anything else that was heavy and it was easy for me to finish but that is not the point. Whatever happened to doing the whole job?
"Whatever you do, do it with all your heart as working for the Lord and not for men." This guy was obviously not working for the Lord. He was not busy gathering carts when he was called to help me. He was visiting with his buddy.
I wonder if this young man is a disappointment to his mother? To his boss? To the Lord? I pray that I am raising sons that do not just do enough to get by. I sincerely hope that my guys will grow into men that will finish the job, and even better.....go the extra mile.
No comments:
Post a Comment