I read a quote somewhere that said something like "You know you're old when you start saving wrapping paper". HA! That is so true! Only old people save wrapping paper and that will never be me! I do consider myself to be thrifty, but re-using wrapping paper borders on miserly in my opinion.
Today is Laney's b-day. Maegan bought her an X Box game but wanted to disguise the box so she wouldn't recognize the shape. She picked the huge diaper box that I buy at Sams. When she asked me if it was ok, she also said "Don't worry, I can buy the wrapping paper." Why would she say that? I'm not THAT thrifty!! Of course I'm not going to make her buy wrapping paper! I just added it to my errand list.
Joshua went with me to shop for Laney's b-day. It worked out great b/c his birthday is only 3 days after hers and he can pick out his cake and ice cream while we're there. He also picked Sesame Street wrapping paper. Oh, 4 year old little boys are so fun!
When we got home, I was showing everyone our things for Laney. I can't believe what came out of my mouth! It went something like this..."Maegan, use the Sesame Street paper for Laney's present and we'll save it for Joshua's."
Not only am I saving wrapping paper, but I'm pre-meditating the saving! How pathetic. I guess I'm old. When she opened it this morning I thought of wadding it up and throwing it away just to preserve my youth. However, I'm way too miserly for that!!
No comments:
Post a Comment