Today was my first full day of camping. And when I say full, I really mean from 10am-5:30pm. Once I got the babies dropped off and settled, I headed to camp with my people.

A hammock burrito!
I'll just say that hammock business takes skills I don't have. It's not as easy as it looks on Gilligan's Island. The first time I attempted it I flipped all the way over and landed on the ground. And I can't tell you how disappointed my kids were that they missed it. The next time, I had Christian help me. I didn't flip out, but I wasn't good at it. You have to balance and adjust and .... just whatever. I'll take a lawn chair thank you very much.
A hammock burrito!
I'll just say that hammock business takes skills I don't have. It's not as easy as it looks on Gilligan's Island. The first time I attempted it I flipped all the way over and landed on the ground. And I can't tell you how disappointed my kids were that they missed it. The next time, I had Christian help me. I didn't flip out, but I wasn't good at it. You have to balance and adjust and .... just whatever. I'll take a lawn chair thank you very much.
We walked down to the lake where my kids scared me half to death climbing rickety trees and jumping on unsteady boulders.
We did a lot of sitting around the camp fire and eating camp food. I also did a lot of sitting in the camper and talking with my man or playing cards with my girly.
The best part of this trip is having all my big kids with us. Laney works a lot these days so it's especially great to have her here.....even if she is a goofball with oreos.
We took a hike and followed some trails.
We also fixed the camper door that wasn't working quite right.
Meanwhile, the babies were having fun and doing great at my friends' houses. There were a few times I did miss BlueEyes because I know there were lots of things he would've loved. Maybe we can take him for the day another time. But this time it was awesome to only have potty trained kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment