I love this camper. We don't get to use it as much as I'd like, but whenever we do it is so much fun.
Camping was fun for everybody until about late Tuesday. That's when Joshua started itching and swelling up. Apparently he made friends with some poison ivy/poison oak/something.
And don't let his smile fool ya. He was/is miserable. We took him to the doctor and he got a shot. I can't tell that it did him any good. In fact it got worse and started oozing. Ewwwww!! The itching was terrible and keeping him up at night.....and waking me up too.
Next thing we knew, this girl had it too. So we took her in for a shot and the doctor also gave Joshua something else. We are hoping for a better day for both of them tomorrow.
Yesterday, we were shopping in town when I got a call from a friend in my bee club. Someone had called him about a swarm at the Charleston court house and he wanted to know if I wanted it.
OF COURSE!! But I wasn't home! And swarms are finicky and would most likely be gone by the time we got there. So I called Laney and asked if she and Jesse would go get it.
She didn't even hesitate. Laney hasn't had as much opportunity to work the bees but she acted quickly, followed my instructions, made good decisions and CAUGHT IT.
Look at what a perfect and low swarm! Easy Peasy. We left right away and got there as they were finishing up. They had an audience as well as the newspaper man there because small towns are adorable.
I peeked at them this morning and they look happy. Since the weather is supposed to almost freeze tonight, we moved them to the garage. Tomorrow Mr. Hardin is coming to work bees with me and I can't wait to show him what my kids did!
And look what happened today.
A couple of cuties made their appearance in our incubator.
This has been an eventful Spring Break.
No comments:
Post a Comment