Monday, March 21, 2016

Goodbye Jay, Spring Break Plans, And A Push For FFSS

You should see my living room.  It is littered with chunky plastic toys of primary colors.  But today there are a few less because our sweet Jay went to live with his brothers and grandmother yesterday.
He was one of our easiest and friendliest babies.  So easy to love, and like.

I'm proud of his grandmother for stepping up and taking her grand kids.  No doubt it will be super hard.  Single grandma.  Full time job.  6 kids and the oldest is only 10.  I hope she will do well.  And I hope his parents do well.  This morning I am praying for them all.  And praying for his day care workers to see how special he is and show him favor and extra attention.

So now we are back to two and the life of twins is over.  I see now why God never gave me real twins of my own.  Because OH MY GOODNESS!!

This is Spring Break for us.  This year that means camping!!
The weather so far has been very cold but no rain so my campers are not complaining.  We are camping close to home and I've been going back and forth with babies.  But today everything changes.

I have 2 friends heroes that are taking the babies for 3 days.  I'll drop them off after breakfast and pick them up before bed.  3 days in a row!!  We will all be camping together.  Just us.  No diapers. And even though they deserve a million dollars, they will not accept any money.  So I'm baking muffins and dinners when we get home and taking things to them in the morning.  They are awesome.

This is a part of foster care that you don't hear much about.  It's called Foster Family Support System (FFSS) and each foster family is supposed to have at least 2.  They are allowed to watch the kids for up to 72 hours.   It's easy to get approved....just background checks and one walk-through.   They are very important, sorely needed, and hard to come by.  And they are a huge blessing to every foster family.  So when I hear someone say they would love to help but they can't foster, I'm quick to tell them they could be a FFSS.

Anyway.

Today I will enjoy lots of campsite fun with my kids.  Everybody is off work and school for the whole week, except Meg.  And she will come and join us after work.  I'm so excited!!

No comments: