Thursday, March 26, 2015

On The Third Day

Yesterday was the third day of Spring Break and the weather couldn't have been better.  It was the kind of day where you open every window and throw the dog bed outside to air out.  I also put the clothes line to good use because I love me some clothes time line!  Plus our dryer is not feeling so good and sounds like it has a fist full of rocks rolling around in it.

We didn't have anything planned for the day so it was a good time to get in some yard work.



Raking and preparing a rock border 


Moving rocks from the back of the property to the front.


Oh the drama of these funny boys! 



Some important conversations in the rose garden



And just look at our mama hen and her babies!! 


Around lunch time, my friend brought her baby over while she ran some errands.  Mally just loves some baby time!  And every time I babysit a foster, the crazy thoughts of HOW ON EARTH plague me the rest of the day.

Our family is pretty good at taking risks and cannon balling into something new.  But this is different because when we mess up, make mistakes, and fail to count the costs in a new adventure it usually only affects us.  This will affect other people.  Little children.  Other families that don't need one more failure in their lives.   And I'll be real honest and say I also have teenagers.  And teenagers are a fragile crazy people group of their very own.  Will I be enough?

Moving on...

After lunch, Jes had a friend over and they played soccer in the yard while I painted the boys' bathroom.  I've been working on this for a few days now and it's coming along.  I wish I had taken a before picture but I didn't really think it would turn out to be that different.  But why stop at just paint?  So I bought a little cabinet to hang above the potty and picked up samples for a new countertop.  A new shower curtain will also be in order and maybe some new towels.  I don't think Honey knows about that part.

We ended the day with root beer floats and a Netflix movie before the big storm hit.
Another good day.





No comments: