Monday, March 09, 2015

Moanless Monday

I went to bed late last night and because of a slight schedule change had to get up a whole hour earlier to see my hard working peeps off to work and school this morning.  I thought I'd be super tired, but instead I woke up ready and happy for another week.  Thank You Jesus!

As soon as they left I had a very quiet house.  And that never happens.

I read my Bible.
I exercised.
I read some blogs.
I read a chapter of the book I'm reading.
And I took my time getting dressed.

The whole house was sleeping quietly and it was bliss!!

By the time the second group of kids were off to school/work, I felt so energized and ready for the day.  It would stand to reason that I should try getting up at 5:00 on a regular basis and enjoy this more often but I can assure you that won't be happening.  It was a nice way to start the week though.

And it turns out I would need that extra time this morning.  My 3rd set of kids were wild and crazy today!  Attitudes were poor, chores took forever, and school was intense.  But some days are like that, huh?

Anyhoo, here's some Smiles From Last Week....

~Homestudy DONE.  As in finished.  Forever.  The thing I dreaded the most, the thing I heard horror stories about, the thing I was sure we'd fail turned out to be CAKE.  Our homestudy lady was fantastic.  She talked to the kids and I could hear all kinds of laughs and excited talking from their bedrooms.  Then she talked to us and went over our long questionnaire that covered everything from our sex life to our relationships with our parents.  And while it sounds like torture, it was actually very easy and was finished in less than 3 hours.  I'm guessing we might actually be open sometime this month.

~Another snow day!  And while we are ready for spring to spring, we are also thankful for extra family time and teenagers home all day.

~My moms came to visit and WENT TO TOWN helping us get uniforms done for NewFire.  It never would've happened without them.  The uniforms look great and the kids and parents are happy.  Thank you Moms!

~First NewFire soccer games and the field was actually dry enough to play!  It was a great day with lots of smiles and happy kids.  We came home exhausted, sunburned, and ready for next week.

And What I'm Looking Forward To This Week....

~A quiet week with almost nowhere to go.

~The homestudy lady said she should be finished typing up the report to turn in to DHS this week.

~Sunshine!  After today it's supposed to be dry for awhile and warm up.  And that means......

~Walking!  My walking buddy has been down and out because of surgery but she is ready to hit it again this week with me.

~Bee club.  I haven't been since October y'all.  And now it's at a new place that I think will be an easier drive for me.

~Girls' Bible study.  We had to cancel last week because of snow.  Besides, my man was sick and he couldn't have led worship anyway.

~A birthday!!  Let the celebrations begin!  We will have 5 birthdays in the next 4 weeks.

~And last but not least, week 2 of soccer!  Stay tuned for some pictures this week! And until then you can click here to see a few.




No comments: