Monday, March 23, 2015

1st Day Of Spring Break

These past couple of years I've had to adjust life to a public school schedule.  It's been a little hard to get used to not being able to get up and go whenever we want.  But when my kids started college, we found ourselves having to work around holidays and breaks and summer vacations.  Well this is one break I won't argue with! 

Spring Break! 

The day started with some exciting news for this guy!





































He's been watching a hen that has been laying on a nest of eggs and we knew it was getting close.  This morning he found his first chick!  He's hatched eggs with an incubator but never with the momma hen.  This has been a fun project for him so he was super excited to find this baby.  As of now, we have 3 hatched with 5 more on the way.  

Jes invited a friend over and we headed to the park in our old neighborhood. 


Looking at fish in the lake, 


trying to sneak up on ducks,


and exploring the creek.   


Honey met us there for lunch and surprised everybody with french fries! 
When we got home, my son got busy working on this year's garden.  We are trying some new things this year and today was the first day to dig in the dirt.  We haven't been very good gardeners so anything different will probably be an improvement.  


Our trampoline has already gotten a lot of action this year and today was a beautiful day for it. 


Mr. Hardin came over to look at bees with us and that's always a good time.  I learn so much from him and I watch every move he makes.  About this time next month we may be able to split our hives and double our bee yard.  And even though this will be my 3rd year of beekeeping, I still feel like I have no idea what I'm doing most of the time.  I really appreciate his help whenever he's able.  

He stays and visits awhile, talks to all the kids, and tell us a couple of stories.  

When their daddy got home, the boys all loaded up for soccer practice while Mally and I cleaned up today's eggs and made spaghetti.  

Tomorrow is camping at Grandma's and kayaking at the Nature Center.... or as Mally calls it, "hijacking". 




No comments: