This week E sent over a bunch of very ripe avocados. He told me they were coming and I was super excited thinking of all the possibilities.
Guacamole, of course, and salads and a face mask recipe were all just waiting to come alive.
But sometimes what I imagine in my mind doesn't play out the same in real life. And that's what happened with the avocados. I never get that many big beautiful avocados all at once and these things are rather time sensitive. I decided the best thing to do was a big batch of chocolate avocado pudding. Wendy taught me this recipe and I always think of her when I make it.
This comes together quick in a food processor. A blender is more high maintenance for this one. It's more of a method than an actual recipe.
~Throw a bunch of avocados into your food processor.
~Add a capful of apple cider vinegar
~Add a splash of vanilla
~Add some cocoa powder
~Sweeten: You can use anything. I used a combo of stevia, xylitol, maple syrup, and powdered sugar.
Give it all a whirl and taste it and adjust the seasonings. This freezes very well. In fact, I made 2 big batches and froze one of them in tiny tupperware containers as single servings.
Everyone loves this. But my man said, "You WASTED all those avocados on pudding instead of guacamole?!" What he doesn't know is that we did make guac but we ate at all before he got home.
And with all the cold weather, I wanted to give you my favorite hot chocolate mix too.
Just add it all in a container and shake. Or mix it all up in the blender and it'll have super fine texture. Either way it tastes exactly the same.
2 C. powdered milk
1 C. sugar
1/2 C. powdered creamer
1/2 C. cocoa powder
Mix this with some hot water just like you do the stuff in the packets. And add marshmallows. OF COURSE!
No comments:
Post a Comment