Wednesday, August 07, 2013

What Life Has Looked Like According To My iPhone

Well I don't have a picture of the coolest thing that happened this week so I'll just have to tell you all about it and you can use your imagination.   

We were all doing nothing in particular when FarmerBoy comes in and announces rather nonchalantly that he just shot a rabbit with his bb gun.  Now first off I was kinda surprised that it didn't have more drama associated with it considering the kid we're talking about.  But no.  He just sorta said it. 

So we asked him a couple of questions and his dad suggested that he go bury it.  To that he replied, very surprised, "Can't we eat it?"  

Eat it?  A rabbit? 

We figured he shot a bunny but he ran back out and picked it up by its back legs to show us and Ya'll...it was a big full-sized grown up rabbit that he shot in the head and killed with one shot because it had the nerve to look like it might be heading for his vegetable garden.   

Well. 

Now we aren't exactly hunters around here so Honey started looking up You Tube videos on how to clean a rabbit while he posted on FB to tell the world all about it.  And of course the comments and texts started coming in which were also very helpful and helped us (that would be THEM) get started.  

This involved almost the whole family including his baby sister who wanted to watch the whole thing while his other siblings took turns holding the flash light because now it was dark.  

In the end we had a ziplock bag of rabbit meat, a rabbit skin to be treated, a rabbit head that the dog keeps digging up, and a very happy boy.




2 bubs playing Ninjago on the top bunk.



And some sister time with American Girl Dolls before Lane left for camp.



Look at the kinda things that grow in our garden!  We had 2 of these so I taught Nate to use the food processor to shred them both for zucchini bread.   It filled up my turkey roaster with shredded zucchini!

And guess what?  After pestering everyone I came in contact with to take some cucumbers, I found a place that wanted to buy them!  And not only that but she asked if we would have more later and if we had anything else to sell.  We sold 33 pounds for $25 and now have some money in the garden fund for next year.  Or maybe for the fall.

I offered to sell her some pumpkins but apparently people don't buy pumpkins when it's 100 degrees outside.  So my plan for the weekend is to figure out how to can pumpkin puree.



So I know this is the worst picture ever but you get the point.  It's Christian clearing 4 folding chairs with a flying side kick and breaking a board on the other side.   Really fun!


In other family news that have no pictures....

LB is officially on a diet since sitting on the porch swing and busting it to the ground. No more donuts for her.

Birdy lost another tooth! After wiggling it for a couple days she announced at the dinner table that it was gone. And sure enough there was a big hole in her mouth. But where was the tooth? We searched all over the floor and Jes even got a flash light. Turns out it was still on her pizza. So she put it in the tooth fairy box and the lame tooth fairy FORGOT!  And since the tooth fairy often forgets we actually have a rule that says the tooth fairy has to pay more when that happens. So instead of $2 she got $5 and the tooth fairy was forgiven.

Saturday the inlaws came for burgers and to beat us at board games. I will miss summer.
I will also miss clothes line weather. Except that I won't miss birds pooping on my clean towels because that's just rude.


No comments: