~Aren't these just beautiful?
I walked into my bathroom and SURPRISE!! There were these pretty flowers, some snacks, and a note from Lane saying it was my back to school teacher present. I've never gotten a teacher present before and I could pretty much get used to this! Such a sweet girl I have.
~Did you have a good weekend?
Any day that doesn't start at 5:45 is pretty good in my book. So Saturday was a nice mixture of lazy and productive work. Stuff like....dog walking, clothes hanging, mowing, and napping.
Oh and....making my boys very worried when they found Momma in their room with a trash bag. 2 trash bags actually. I've been inspired by this site to get some things in order. And nothing needs order around here as much as a room that houses 3 little boys. I threw out 1/2 a bag of trash and gathered another bag of donations. Of course you could not tell I had done a thing at that point but when I found a sack of dirty clothes shoved into a corner that had been there for 2 weeks since they went to the creek at Grandma's I decided to call it a day before things got too dangerous. And 3 boys breathed a sigh of relief and decided to go ahead and clean up some more stuff just to be safe.
~We harvested another 5 gallons of cukes and leeks. And I'm surprised because the garden looks pretty dead to me except the pretty marigolds everywhere. We are still on the fence about a fall garden. When normal people are harvesting pumpkins ours will be a thing of the past. And I still can't get rid of them! As my son says, "Mom, nobody eats a real pumpkin besides you and Ms. Tracy."
Apparently so.
~Saturday night we put kids to bed and Honey ran to the store for some necessary snacks. Then we called it date night. He stayed up until 2am one morning watching Great Expectations on Netflix weeks ago and has been talking about it ever since. So we ate snacks and watched it together and Y'all.....it was the BEST movie ever!! And I have to confess I had low expectations of Great Expectations. But I was wrong! It's a 3 hour movie and there was no way I could go to bed without finishing it. So that nap I took earlier came in handy.
~This morning was Honey's last Sunday as youth pastor. He has stepped down to have more time with our younger kids. Lots of mixed emotions!! But today we loaded up the furniture from his church office and brought it home. And now we have an extra computer area for the kids to do their computer related school work without having to tie up the main computer. Sweet!
I am praying for the next youth pastor. And for Awana that starts in only 10 more days! Ten. More. Days!!
No comments:
Post a Comment