I have several books I'm waiting to read. Problem is I've been a slow reader this year and have a few books that I'm taking my sweet time getting through. I want to finish some of these up before I start something else....like Great Expectations. Since I watched the movie, I'm eager to read the book.
So here's my current reading list......
Do you do the 1 year Bible reading plan? Have you ever started and then got so hopelessly behind that you just gave up? While I usually like to have a goal to shoot for, the reading the Bible in a year seems almost impossible to me. I almost did it once but managed to stretch it out to two. Then I did it 2 more times each time taking about 2 years. Now I'm on my 4th time around and have taken the scenic route of 4 years. Every time I change it up some. Once I did it chronologically. Once I did it from Genesis to Revelation. Now I'm reading whole books but in a more chronological fashion than cover to cover.
If you're at a point of giving up reading through the Bible, I want to encourage you to stick with it. But feel free to change it up, slow down, and make whatever plan you like be yours.
Right now I'm reading Ezekiel. And this morning there was this great passage that I'm praying for my Awana kiddos ....
"I myself will be the shepherd of my sheep, and I myself will make them lie down, declares the Lord God. I will seek the lost, and I will bring back the strayed, and I will bind up the injured, and I will strengthen the weak." Eze 34:15
Awana starts in only 6 more days. Can't wait to see my boys again and meet some new friends!
Oswald Chambers never disappoints. For such a young man, God gave him so much wisdom. When I was a new Christian this book was hard to get through. Now it's one of my morning faves, though
I love the issue of poverty alleviation. And I love Shane Claiborne's take on it all. I started off strong with this book and couldn't put it down. Then about 1/2 way through it started getting heavy and I had to really think through what I was reading.
Here's a quote I like... " We have not shown the world another way of doing life. Christians pretty much live like everybody else; they just sprinkle a little Jesus in along the way. And doctrine is not very attractive, even if it's true. Few people are interested in a religion that has nothing to say to the world and offers them only life after death, when what people are really wondering is whether there is life before death. ........
and the kingdom that Jesus speaks so much about is not just something we hope for after we die but is something we are to incarnate now. Jesus says the kingdom is "within us," "among us," "at hand," and we are to pray that it comes "on earth as it is in heaven."
Our current read aloud. Following the time period we are studying in history and a break from Hank The Cowdog. We are all loving it and we are at the exciting part where she unlocks the secret garden.
"One more chapter!!!"
Love me some Duck Dynasty! This book has a lot of business and hunting info and probably speaks to those that know more about that kinda thing than I do. Still it's good, just slower going than the first Duck Commander book.
Have you watched the 99 Balloons video? If you haven't, grab some tissue and click on the link. So sweet!
This is Matt Mooney's account of his son, Eliot's, life.
He is a fantastic writer and this is a wonderful story.
So that's it for now!






No comments:
Post a Comment