Ok so here's the deal. Straight up. I usually go to bed grouchy. Maybe not outwardly grouchy but always this subtle undercurrent of being dissatisfied with the day. Like I didn't do enough, didn't say the right thing, messed that up, didn't clean the oven, whatever.
But today I was reading in John and found freedom in a very simple thought. Here goes.
1. I am pleasing to God no matter what I did or didn't do today. I have a right standing because of my relationship with the cross.
2. My man is easy to please and doesn't care.
So now I can go to bed without guilt and excuse myself from ever cleaning the oven again. Well maybe not, but you get the point.
Yesterday we said goodbye to the youth headed for camp including 2 of our own.
The house is so quiet. And we aren't eating nearly as much food. For dinner last night we made a big fire to burn some brush and roast hot dogs. Because you can never burn brush without hot dogs. That would be a total waste. Since it wasn't planned we had to go buy supplies which included another package of hot dogs and all the stuff for Smores. We had 29 hot dogs total and I didn't expect any leftovers. Turns out we only ate 13 and now we know who eats all the food in this house.
With only 6 kids at home and my man off work, we decided to go on a date. All day.
And it was a blast! And nobody at home died.
We went to the movies and saw Despicable Me 2. And get this. We were early and had to wait and they had music playing in the background.
Remember that old song Afternoon Delight? I was mindlessly singing along and HOLD THE PHONE have you ever paid attention to the lyrics of that song??!! I had no idea and would've probably guessed it to be dessert or something. And I am still laughing about it!! On a date in the afternoon!! Get it? (And if you are reading this and happen to live in my house DO NOT google the lyrics to see what I'm talking about.)
I apologize to any of my reader/s who clicked on my blog thinking you were getting a mature tidbit of wisdom for the day. But I suppose you know me better than that. And you have to admit that borders on hilarious.
I just so happened to check the weather before I went to bed and found out it was supposed to rain in the night. That was bad news since I had a full clothes line and it was dark. But I took my empty laundry basket out and decided to hurry. Remember I've told you about the difference between dark and country dark? Well ya'll it was black. I took about 2 steps and left the basket on the porch and ran back in to get my man who doesn't ever care if it's dark. And as we got closer we could make out the white clothes hanging there like a bunch of ghosts. I have clearly seen too many episodes of Scooby Doo.
3 comments:
I love that you can always make me smile... :)
We love the song Afternoon Delight...because...well, it's just hilarious. We have friends who still have kids who nap in the afternoons. So we constantly ask them about their afternoon delight. Sadly, we have no nappers in this house. Therefore we have no afternoon delight. ;)
Oh, my goodness. I needed a laugh today so badly...and I truly laughed out loud at this!
Post a Comment