That's how I felt this week.
So blessed. And while it's impossible to list all the ways without leaving something out, I will give you some highlights of the goodness.
1. Friends from Colorado!! And I am still in awe that people would drive that many miles, get totally out of routine, and spend all that money just to come see us. They are sweet sweet friends and I love them so.
They stayed for the weekend then headed to MO after church Sunday to stay at the Young Life camp with family. The next day, we drove up and met them there and spent the day at Silver Dollar City together.
It was so fun showing them the city and our church and our "farm".
2. Perfect weather for SDC instead of the rain that was predicted.
3. An entire car load of kids crashed out on the way home.
4. Susie's beautiful tomatoes and peppers. Because our's aren't so great.
5. But our cucumbers are crazy good. I've canned too many pickles to count. Today someone pulled out a quart of refrigerator pickles and 3 kids devoured the whole jar in 10 minutes. There should be a game show for that.
6. The beauty of it all. The garden is so pretty and I love being out there. If it didn't produce another thing this year I would still be perfectly happy with just how pretty it looks.
7. Loud mouth roosters. 4 of them. I love their sound. Especially when I'm at the clothes line.
8. Little pumpkins just turning orange.
9. Bees that are not swarming and working busily. Last week I got stung 3 times just feeding them. And whenever I get stung multiple times (which is every time I get stung), then I lose confidence for a few days and question my sanity. I had an inspection coming up and was a bit scared to dig in. But it doesn't last long, and by today I was ready for it. No stings and it took longer to light the smoker than to inspect hives. And ya'll. They are awesome. One frame was dripping honey. Dripping!
10. LB snapped this picture of ZBoy standing on the cedar chest hooking my necklace when we were getting ready for church. Seriously....blessed beyond measure.
No comments:
Post a Comment